How is the cutlery made?
On this page you will find all information about the cutlery of EME Napoleon. EME is the largest cutlery factory in Europe. This factory is located in Italy, in the city of Lumezzane (near Milan). Would you like to take a look at the EME factory? Then read our article: 'a look at the EME factory' and watch the video. EME has different types of cutlery. Only cutlery from the Napoleon series is available in this webshop.
What material is the cutlery made of?
The cutlery is made of stainless steel and has a plastic handle. The steel is made of stainless steel (also called chrome steel or chrome nickel). The steel consists of 18 parts chrome steel and 10 parts nickel. This is also referred to as 18/10. The nickel ensures that the cutlery shines beautifully. The handle is made of metal acrylic. It is a hard plastic (similar to plexiglass). It is heat resistant and very strong material. Ideal for cutlery. The cutlery can be washed in the dishwasher by using these high-quality materials. Please read the maintenance tips for cutlery from EME.
EME Napoleon cutlery
The Napoleon series from EME is characterized by its beautiful (baroque) appearance. The cutlery is available in various beautiful colors. The colored handle with mother of pearl, in combination with its design, makes the cutlery very popular. The model of this cutlery is suitable to set a romantic table and with the wide range of colors you can create surprising combinations. The cutlery from this series can be combined well with your existing cutlery set and ensures beautiful combinations at the table.
EME Napoleon also has a very extensive range of cutlery. The entire range of this cutlery line is available on the website in various color variations. And the great thing about this web store is that you can buy the cutlery both in a cutlery set and separately. In addition to regular spoons, forks and knives for dinner, EME also has breakfast cutlery, various types of serving cutlery, cake cutlery, tapas cutlery and more. Let us surprise you!
How should I maintain the cutlery?
The cutlery of EME Napoleon is of high quality and can be washed in the dishwasher. To maintain quality, we recommend that you follow the instructions for the maintenance of the cutlery.
However, it is preferable to wash the cutlery by hand and dry immediately, but the cutlery from EME is dishwasher safe. If you wash the cutlery in the dishwasher, do not use acid detergent (including lemon) and do not wash the cutlery at a high temperature (not higher than 60 degrees).
To guarantee the quality and durability of the cutlery, we recommend the following:
- Wash the cutlery in the dishwasher at a temperature no higher than 60 degrees.
- Place the cutlery with the handle up in the dishwasher.
- Prevent food scraps from remaining on the cutlery for more than 6 hours.
- Avoid contact with heavy and corrosive (cleaning) substances that contain the following substances: acetic acid, citric acid, lactic acid, and especially sodium chloride.
- Avoid cleaning substances with acids, such as lemon / lemon, especially if the water has a high chlorine content.
- If possible, remove the cutlery from the dishwasher as soon as it is ready and dry with a tea towel.
- Superficial stains can be removed with a cloth with green soap.